no start,1995 5.9 tried everything

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

frustrated86

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
New here. Some history on problem before no start. Engine would shut down at every stop or idle without foot on the gas, progressively got worse. Replaced multiple parts now showing low voltage with no start, check engine light flashing. Now, heres what we tried.(some general maintinence) New gaskets on transmission and manifold, new battery, new spark plugs and wires, new alternator, new starter, new egr, new fuel pump, new rollover valve, new refurbished injectors (all working) new coolant temp sensor, new throddle body and cable, oxygen sensor, new crank shaft sensor, new throddle sensor, all new fuses and relays, new alt fuse, new ignition, ignition module, new power door lock, pcm tested no codes,new brake booster, new battery cables, new cat converter and a few more sensors. Help please. starter engages, have fuel pressure at rail. and pcm restart after every part. nuthin.

Yeret

The Village Drunk
Reaction score
Under the hood fixing/breaking something.
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Magnum
Engine shutdown while running can honestly be a lot of things. Since it stays running if you're on the throttle, the IAC would be a good place to start. They can get pretty dirty over time and this will eventually cause them to stick shut (or open) and choke off the engine.

Could possibly be an issue with the ECU. One guy here had an almost identical problem and he found and successfully fixed a broken tidbit inside. Try giving this a read...

http://www.ramforum.com/f61/random_stalling_when_hot_fixed-105537/

greenvan

Reaction score
Ram Year
1999 Dodge ram van 1500
Engine
5.2 v-8
Probably a bad PCM. Watch the You-tube video I mentioned in my thread on my problem.