Not starting???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rodeoram93

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9l magnum
Ok I need help once agian an everyone on here is very helpful an I appreciate anyone's opinion so if you could just bear with me... I put my truck in park the other day an got out to get something an it died an wouldn't start back up but it turns over... Well I went ahead an replaced my distributor cap, rotor, spark plugs, plug wires, ignition coil, and I also checked my fuel pressure an I can hear the fuel pump turn on when I turn the key on... But it still won't start just turns over. Has anyone ever experienced this or know what is cuasing it to not start? Thank you!!

OP
OP
R

Rodeoram93

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9l magnum
I have a 1999 Dodge Ram 1500 5.9l 4x4 sport btw sorry forgot to mention that...

dodge dude94

Millennial Boomer
Reaction score
Ram Year
1998 Ram 1500
Engine
5.9 Magnum
Verify that your ASD (Auto Shut down) relay is not bad.

OP
OP
R

Rodeoram93

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9l magnum
Now it won't even acknowledge that it even has power no lights won't even make a clicking sounds even if I hook up jumpers to the new battery I just put in it??? someone please help

DarrenT

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
318 V8
It got gas?
I know it's a ******** question, but hey, that damn thing of my dad's got me twice in the last week with that one..... Faulty sender indicating there's gas in the tank when there isn't?

switch ignition on and check the bleed off valve on the injector rail, if there's nothing there, try chucking a gallon in the tank.

preachp

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Hi Rodeoram93,

If it's an automatic check the neutral safety switch. Had a 71 Sport Fury Gran Coupe that did that exact same thing to me and it was the Neutral safety switch.Won't ever forget that because the girl that was with me's dad wasn't exactly thrilled with her coming after midnight (was much younger then).

preachp

OP
OP
R

Rodeoram93

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9l magnum
Thank yall it turned out to be ther rotor kept breaking in the distributor cap... Went through 4 rotors before it stopped breaking them. Thank yall for all y'all's thoughts on it it really helped decide what to check next an what wasn't wrong now I just gotta figure out why it's blowing black smoke out the tailpipes when I give it some gas. The problems just keep coming but I love my dodge!