NV4500 clutch replacement

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

V10so_utah

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V-10 8.0L
I am looking for some advice regarding the bare necessities necessary for a clutch replacement kit. I am a student and we just had another child born recently so money is pretty tight at the moment.

Over the past month or so my clutch has been slipping and gradually getting worse. I have been shopping online for clutch replacement kits which seem to have a wide variety of parts options and prices as well.

My truck has the NV4500HD 5-speed 4X4.

I'm not interested in spending any unnecessary money on this truck, but I also don't want to end up regretting not spending an extra $30 or so on a better kit that would make the clutch last a year longer or simply not lead to more issues.

Don't get me wrong, I love this truck for many reasons but I can't believe how many repairs I have had to do in the last year. For being 18 years old, it is in great shape.

If anyone has any advice on the bare minimums needed to put some friction on that plate, I would truly appreciate it.

My wife will probably leave me if I spend over $200 on this. If I could sell the truck for $5000 and there was a replacement for that or less I would immediately.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk