Odd idle

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Netzagarcia

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Magnum 5.2
So I've got a 98 with the 5.2 and my idle stays around 625ish (first line after the 500 mark). My first question being, I'd this a "normal idle"
Also, the truck is throwing p0300, and p0303 codes. I just did my plenum gasket, in running oem wires, autolite plugs, and a 3 month old distributor cap. I thought after my plenum repair the misfired would stop but I was sadly mistaken. I need help figuring out where to go from here. The truck runs done I just hate that stupid light being on.

dudeman2009

Reaction score
Ram Year
2001 1500 Sport with enough electrical modifications to make my brain hurt
Engine
Magnum 360
Yeah thats a perfectly fine idle. Until its warmed up my truck idles anywhere from 700-1000rpm. Once its warm it sits almost exact at 600rpm.

As far as the codes go, are the plugs copper or something else? Ohm test the coil, between the two pins on the bottom it should read almost exact 1ohm, between a pin and the tower should read between 12 and 15K ohms. Make sure the wires are not crossing over eachother or running to close to eachother. If they must cross, make sure its at a 90 degree angle.