Oil Filters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ParrotHead FA

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.2 magnum
I use Amsoil in all my good cars & trucks, and usually use Napa Gold filters. On my Ram 5.2, I usually use the 1A filter that goes on the ford super dutys, or the filter for the dodge v 10 because its bigger than the stock Dodge 5.2 filter, and it lets me add nearly a full quart more oil without the crankcase being overfilled. The gaskets line up, and the design, bursting pressure, etc of both filters are nearly identical, so never had a problem doing this.
Dave

badfish888

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 hemi express
Engine
5.7L Hemi
been using mopar 090's since ive had the truck, 92k miles with no problems yet

joetama

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
Changed the oil on mine and the Mopar filter was definitely not a Purolator.

Usually use that or the Mobile.

smiley

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 2500 Crew
Engine
6.7L Cummins
I have used fram until I read that on hemi they can cause tick because they lack and anti drain back feature. Agree with Adam about filter being very important probably more important than oil itself actually. I have been using either the Amsoil filter, wix, or Mopar and I really like the 0w 20 oil from Amsoil or Mobil as I have heard you can use without messing with MDS and is easy for cold winters which is all winters here. I have MDS turned off so I can not say if it is issue or not.

$miley