Oil pressure help!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dodgeprob

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7l
Was having trouble with oil pressure dropping to zero when stopped at a light But came right back up. Changed the pressure sending unit and it still happened. Then changed the oil, filter, and pump. Now when started have no oil pressure. Any suggestions?

Shadow_Death

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Did you seat the pump completely before bolting it in? From what I get out of it if you don't and you bolt it in then you can crack the pump.

Gr8bawana

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 CTD
Sounds like it could be something as simple as a bad connection.

Yeret

The Village Drunk
Reaction score
Under the hood fixing/breaking something.
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Magnum
Does the engine tick or chatter when the oil pressure sits at zero? I had this issue for a while after I had the original pressure sender replaced with a store brand one. I replaced that with an genuine OEM replacement and haven't had a problem since. Sucker set me back $55 but hey, it actually works!

Last edited:

DodgeTx

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L Cummins, 5.2l v8
May want to try the sensor as well, not sure if you tried that already. Happened in my lowered dodge before it was lowered. Still ran and drove fine, just wouldnt register oil pressure.