Oil pressure sensor problems (I hope)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BlackMagnum2000

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Magnum
Okay a little background. When I started having problems with my engine, I noticed my oil pressure fluctuating greatly. First thing I did was replace the sensor (to no avail of course). Oil pump & screen were also replaced.
After rebuilding the engine, not 1,000 miles later the sensor literally broke in two pieces. The plastic piece with the harness connector separated from the metal threaded part. Stunned by this, I replaced it again. I believe it currently has a Borg Warner sensor. Well right before I parked it for a week, going down the road, my oil pressure gauge dropped to 0 again. Check gauges light came on and I immediately stopped. Checked and my oil was full. So since this is the same thing that happened before when I had problems with the sensor, I reached back there and wiggled it around to see if it was broken like the old one. It didn't seem to be, but I pressed it down anyways. Cranked the truck and had oil pressure. I haven't really driven it anywhere but does anybody have any experience or advice with this problem?? It's really got me stumped, and replacing the sensor again isn't fun and I don't see how it would change anything considering this is the second time I've had problems, and they we're both brand new.

Merc225hp

Reaction score
Ram Year
truck
Engine
gas
Time for a mech oil psi gauge bud. I use only the Mopar band sensors. I run a mech gauge and still keep the elec sending unit in play as well.