Over heating and leaking, and gas issues

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Graham91

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V8 5.9
I have a dodge ram 1500 V8 5.9L 2wd truck. Year on it is 2001. We just replaced the hoses, and now the radiator itself is leaking. Also I think the thermastat might be going bad. I've already decided I want to go new rather then a junk yard for the radiator. I'm still knew to fixing things on my own. I have a mechanic who's been helping me fix most of this trucks problems. I want to put a lift kit on this truck maybe about 3 - 5 inches higher. It already has the leveling kit even though my mechanic swears to god it doesn't... and that it's just my 20" rims and 27" tires that make it look like it has one.

Anyways, I don't know where to begin with a radiator. I'm slowly working on giving this truck more power, so I want to get a decent radiator but don't know where to start looking. Advice? Also my gas gauge goes below the red but still has gas. I need to figure out what's going on there too.

BBartow

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L Magnum
Yes. You would never have to worry about the crimp where the plastic meets the aluminum leaking. It also will cool better.

OP
OP
G

Graham91

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V8 5.9
Apparently that's what I have. Mech told me that today, but the issue is... I didn't have a grill for 3 months and it rusted from the outside. Also just did a hub assembly today. The old one went bad and almost fell off.