P1294 idle

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ADudeOnSkis

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
318/5.2 Magnum
Cel just came on, p1294 idle target not reached. Just did the plenum gasket, New cap and rotor (should have done plugs and wires but ram out of $$$), tb mod and some intensive cleaning. Reset pcm. This ifs about a week ago. Cel came on about 150 miles after rest, then went off the next day. Figured it was just chasing gremlins and working itself out. Now it's back. Grabbed my friends scanner and read it. Now, I know how to adjust the idle speed, but because some IDIOT at Chrysler figured they should be like everyone else and not put a ******* tachometer on a truck with a stick, because it's the st trim, I can't see what my Rs are. (Currently trying to decide what to do to remedy that.)
So my question is, is there anything I can do without a tach to fix the idle issue? I already cleaned the **** out of the IAC (and anything that would ever have anything to do with the intake).

Thanks dudes.

Merc225hp

Reaction score
Ram Year
truck
Engine
gas
You can NOT set the idle speed on these truck via a set screw, you do and it will put things out of wack. Idle speed is via the IAC as you have cleaned it it might be time to replace it.

One thing to try, discon batt, what a few min, hook up the batt, turn the ign key to on what for more than 10 sec, key back to off , then start the truck and see what you get. This will let the IAC find it's set point.

OP
OP
ADudeOnSkis

ADudeOnSkis

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
318/5.2 Magnum
Word. Glad I don't have a tach. Would have effed it all up then.

Merc225hp

Reaction score
Ram Year
truck
Engine
gas
I wanna say you can install a new/used instrument cluster with the tach but you have a 99 so idk if it will like it or not. Ah just get a big ass Autometer tach with a shift light lol, check out Mopar performance line of gauges they also have a tach you could add.

Edit: A stick truck without a tach lol infinite wisdom there Dodge.

OP
OP
ADudeOnSkis

ADudeOnSkis

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
318/5.2 Magnum
It's not just dodge, they all do it. Base model doesn't get tach. Thinking I'm going to go the digital route and use the Torque app on a dash mounted tablet.

Merc225hp

Reaction score
Ram Year
truck
Engine
gas
I am not up on the new tech like a tablet for a tach, but I have read/seen about a "thingy" lol that goes into the data port/obd connector and is wireless to the phone/tablet. I have no links for one nor have I ever tried one, search time.

MagSport

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
You can get the obd2 plugs on Amazon for like 30$ and the apps they use are typically free. The plugs work in Bluetooth so it's completely wireless

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
ADudeOnSkis

ADudeOnSkis

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
318/5.2 Magnum
That's exactly what I'm referring to. Figure that it can also work as a gps, media library, diagnostics tool and more so, why not.
As far as the idle goes, Merc do you think I should just replace the iac? I was a little rough with it when I cleaned it, and then realized that it's actually kind of delicate.

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VLG6963