Plenum Gasket set your opinions?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MikesRammin

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.2 Magnum
Is this a good replacement set? Kinda sketchy because of the brand. And also this is all I can afford for now so no I can't afford a hughs kit at the moment.

Hotroder383

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
318 or 5.2 which ever you want
I've used doorman before they aren't bad. They are no Fel-Pro by any means. I priced gaskets at O'Riellies and Fel-Pro gaskets were $19 and the bolt's were $35 but you didnt get the T-stat. just my 2 cents =)

rambob

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
318 5.2l
hmm. looks good.
I have no experience with the brand. I'm sure I have used their parts, as they have flooded the part stores. I just can't recall anything sizable.

but a quick search shows they are USA brand

Last edited:

rambob

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
318 5.2l
thumbs up!

under there international section of the website, it lists canada and mexico, but those contacts are still in US also; Colmar, PA

rambob

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
318 5.2l
let us know how the product is. I need to do this repair also. and I dont plan on getting the hughes kit anytime soon

Bigtman07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 5.9
Not a bad repair kit for the price. But still won't solve the root cause. But it will definitely get the job done for the time being. I want to be wrong here. I hope it lasts forever or at least a year. Hear from many people that repair the plenum that in a year the gasket they just put in is done. So hope these hold up better.

OP
OP
MikesRammin

MikesRammin

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.2 Magnum
Well as long as it holds up for atleast a year would be fine. Plans for down the road is a F1 intake. But instead of running a 2 barrel tb I'm going to run a 4 barrel. Question though on the plenum plate. As long as you have the correct gauge aluminum could you just cut it out to the right size and drill out the holes? Just a thought.

An update on the kit. I went to advance and they couldn't even order the kit. I was pretty po'ed. So I got the Fel Pro gasket set for 19.99 had to then by a thermostat 3.99 gasket 3.09 and the by pass hose freakin' 10.99. I wasn't paying 32.99 for the bolt.