Ram truck rough run/acceleration

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CCDH08

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hi there I drive a 2002 ram 1500 4.7L truck and today I just went and got my oil change and one of my fuel injector replaced because Cylinder 2 was misfiring. I changed the ignition coil, spark plug, and lastly the fuel injector today. The engine light check would turn off for a few days and turn back on and I thought the problems were fixed with the replacements. The injector I replaced was a OEM MOPAR injector it has 4 holes instead of 2 i don't know if that affects anything. While driving home my whole truck vibrates violently when I accelerate. NOTHING like this ever happened before the fuel injector got changed. Supposedly the shop said it was carbon build up. Should I swap out the MOPAR injector and place the onld one back in?

Mind you I'm still a kid (21) and this is my first vehicle.

NightMares

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I'm not too familiar with the 4.7's as you posted this in the 2nd gens, which is 94-01 for the Ram 1500's.

But a different injector could cause similar symptoms. I try to advise if you need one injector, you need to do them all. Kind of like buying one tire for an all wheel drive vehicle, you're asking for problems.

If it were my truck, I'd either put the old injector back in, or preferably replace the rest of the ones as well with the matching Mopar one you purchased.

dapepper9

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L V8
Hi there I drive a 2002 ram 1500 4.7L truck and today I just went and got my oil change and one of my fuel injector replaced because Cylinder 2 was misfiring. I changed the ignition coil, spark plug, and lastly the fuel injector today. The engine light check would turn off for a few days and turn back on and I thought the problems were fixed with the replacements. The injector I replaced was a OEM MOPAR injector it has 4 holes instead of 2 i don't know if that affects anything. While driving home my whole truck vibrates violently when I accelerate. NOTHING like this ever happened before the fuel injector got changed. Supposedly the shop said it was carbon build up. Should I swap out the MOPAR injector and place the onld one back in?

Mind you I'm still a kid (21) and this is my first vehicle.

Do you have a link or pn for the new injector and pn for the old? Even if it's a mopar injector, it may not be the RIGHT one. Also what kind of spark plug did yout install? Dodge trucks are picky about their plugs

And just for future reference (not an ass chewing or nothing lol) 2002 1500 trucks aren't considered 2nd gens unless they use the 5.9 v8 and then they're only kind of a ******* child of the 2nd gens lol. They're actually 3rd gens. 2500s didn't change to 3rd until 2003 so that's why 94-02 for 2nd gens is quoted.

OP
OP
C

CCDH08

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Yeah i just saw the 2002 and i clicked on it lol i'll be careful next time around. Also to your question the spark plugs are copper i forgot to mention when i bought the truck it had 3 misfires from different cylinders and i replaced all 8 plugs and only cylinder 2 remains a problem. As for the PN i looked it up and god i'm dumb as **** they are different.

old : 53032145AA - Motorman
new : 53032704AB - MOPAR

yeah... im still new at these things...

dapepper9

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L V8

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members