To remove my cats or not

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Yeret

The Village Drunk
Reaction score
Under the hood fixing/breaking something.
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Magnum
I'm running a single in/out Cherry Bomb Extreme. They've got this wing plate deal in the chamber and that's pretty much it. Combined with my enlarged y-pipe and 3" tailpipe, I think it sounds great. Very throaty at idle, would sound awesome with a cam and solid lifters. When you're on the throttle, it's definitely loud but once you're up to speed and let off the throttle, it mellows out a lot.

I'm also running a single in/out Magnaflow cat vs the OEM dual in/single out cat. Not sure how much of a difference that would make in sound.

The only problem with the Extreme is longevity. Mine's less than a year old and the inlet area is rusted, cracked and leaking. I stuck some SteelStik stuff around it and it helped for a couple weeks before falling off. A stainless version of this muffler would be sweetness.

Ehh, does anyone here have any recommendations of a muffler with a similar design that uses stainless steel rather than the crappy mild stuff?

OP
OP
N

Neo299

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Magnum 5.2
A Mangaflow 3.5 inch circular straight through muffler maybe.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
N

Neo299

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Magnum 5.2
If I stroke my 318 out to a 392 can I still use a fuel injection set up or do I have to switch to carb.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VLG6963