Replacing fuel pump - need opinions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Project Big black dodge

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Gas
New member, longtime lurker.
Just curious if there are any advantages/disadvantages to using a high flow fuel pump (60-70 GPH) over a stock replacement fuel pump (25-32.5 GPH)? I guess my real question is does a stronger pump equal more fuel usage?
Im looking at the Airtex #E7093M vs. Precision Fuel Pumps #A30030. They are the same price. Any opinions would be appreciated.

MagSport

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
While having a bigger fuel pump can add power on a diesel (with the right injector/injection pump setup) there aren't really too many advantages unless you're running forced induction I would even venture to say it would be harmful due to the increased pressure. IMO It may shorten the life of the injectors. (Not 100% sure on that one, just a guess)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Merc225hp

Reaction score
Ram Year
truck
Engine
gas
Airtex....... don't do it unless you want to redo it again in a month or two, **** pumps. Get a Denso or Mopar replacement. There is no advantage to going with a higher flow pump the stock pumps are good until 450 hp or more.

Merc225hp

Reaction score
Ram Year
truck
Engine
gas
Opps lol thanks man I had alternators on the brain denso duh.

Mr. BBartow has it right Delphi

MagSport

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
That is always the best way to go lol, no sense in doing a job twice

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

swillest

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Just use the stock- they are built well.