Running rough after fixing code P0132

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

wayfastf150

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hey guys, I am new here but not new to rams. I had a '98 sport a few years ago, and just picked up a '00 with a 318. When I got the truck I pulled the codes off it, P0132, and P0135. I ran the truck like that for a few days, it didn't run terrible but idled rough, lack of power normal upstream O2 sensor problems.
I crawled under the truck to see how bad it was going to be to change the upstream, and found the sensor not plugged in. Thinking the PO disconnected it when it went bad, I put my OHM meter on the two white wires and got between 7 and 8 ohms. Ive read a good sensor is between 4 and 7, so I plugged the sensor back in and cleared the computer.
During the first test drive after about a mile on a 35mph road, the truck would start to bog around 1500rpms and feel like its about to stall. I can hear it popping also. If I back out of it and slowly get back on it until I hit the kick down it seems to clear up around 2500-3000 rpms. Its almost as if the plugs are loading up and need to be cleared out, or there is some kind of a governor kicking in.
Ive probably put about 50 miles on the truck running this way, it has never stalled out on me, sometimes it will idle smooth other times it idles rough. I am not showing any codes which a misfire should throw a code. In the 50 miles or so Ive driven it with it acting up, it has probably done it 5 or 6 times, and it happens randomly. Some times it clears right out others I have to work at it.

OP
OP
W

wayfastf150

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
After doing some reading I found it could be the speed sensor in the rear axle. My truck has both the ABS and Brake light on, so I know that sensor is bad. I guess it will tell the computer the truck is doing 118mph+ and shut the fuel injectors down.

If that doesn't work I plan on cleaning the IAC, and replacing the cap/rotor/plugs/wires.

I do not think I have a clogged cat since it does not act up all the time.

jimdd810

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Seems to me you might have an egr problem

OP
OP
W

wayfastf150

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I drove the truck to work this morning, it was around 45 degrees with low humidity, truck ran great no issues. When I was driving it over the weekend it was warm/rainy and humid. I am wondering if I am getting moisture under the distributer cap?

OP
OP
W

wayfastf150

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I replaces the TPS, still having the same issue. I read that this year of truck did not have an EGR. With no CEL, I have no idea. I thought about the plenum, but the problem is intermittent.

wingnut

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 gas
If the spec is 4-7, and yours reads 7-8, how is yours good? A whole ton of things rely on the reading of the O2 sensor. In the early days of O2's, it was mainly about emissions. Now, the feedback of the O2 tells almost everything else how to act. Verify fuel pressure. That causes similar symptoms. A bad fuel pump will not throw a code. It will show up as a cylinder-misfire

Kerrylee

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 L, 350 CID
Have you complaint your mechanic this problem