six codes.....help.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jbmobbs

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 360
Hey, as yall know I swapped my 96 automatic to a manual....I got the neutral safety switch grounded out so it runs perfectly fine. I just have 6 codes for the trans temp, torque converter, converter lock up, and transfluid. Is there any way at all to trick them. Would grounding them all work or??? My tags expire on February first so I gotta get marta taken care of lol

I don't have the spare cash for an ecu lol

rowdyram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
magnum 5.9
Fluid temp= remove sensor from trans with solenoids and harness. Plug them in. Do not ground any of these.

if its a tcc lockup solenoid circuit code and not a tcc lockup code it will be fixed by the first statement.

Tcc lockup can be fixed by installing a resistor in TFT sensor circuit to trick it to believing fluid temp is too cold to command lockup or o/d.

OP
OP
jbmobbs

jbmobbs

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 360
Fluid temp= remove sensor from trans with solenoids and harness. Plug them in. Do not ground any of these.

if its a tcc lockup solenoid circuit code and not a tcc lockup code it will be fixed by the first statement.

Tcc lockup can be fixed by installing a resistor in TFT sensor circuit to trick it to believing fluid temp is too cold to command lockup or o/d.

Elaborate a Lil more on your last paragraph there with the resistor.

rowdyram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
magnum 5.9
You'll have to do some math or I can come Monday. The PCM will not command tcc or o/d if fluid temp is below I think -5°F that you'll have to research as well but if it doesn't command it, it will never know it doesn't work. So verify the temp, its a 5volt sensor I believe and is a negative coefficient temp sensor so as temp increases resistance decreases, you'll need a resistor to drop voltage around .47~. I don't know exactly what codes you have but if you tell me I can help with some research for each one.

Last edited:

rowdyram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
magnum 5.9
0743 tcc solenoid circuit 0753 o/d solenoid curcuit 0711&0713 TFT input high &range performance
1763 gov. Pressure p1899 p/n switch.

Plugging in your solenoids and harness should fix 0743, 0753, 0711, 0713.
1763 is also going to require a resistor.
1899= plug in your p/n switch and leave it in park or jumper your pins.
At this time you don't have codes for no drop after lockup or incorrect ratio for 4th.
Could be because the trans monitor won't run those till other dtcs are fixed or it may not set them at all. Plug in your harness and solenoids clear codes and see where your at. My guess only 1763 will return.