Somethings missing....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MoparMagic'00

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.2 Magnum
alright got a 00 with a 5.2 and its got a bad misfire that has recently developed.. #3.. it has 250k miles(more because oversized tires) I have changed the wires, cap, rotor.... checked plugs looked real decent.. (bosch platinums) and ran injector cleaner, seafoam, and an octane boost though it with premium fuel... still randomly misfires... I am close to just pulling the injectors to see if that could be the issue... any ideas would be greatly appreciated :)

Merc225hp

Reaction score
Ram Year
truck
Engine
gas
Do a comp test on the motor and then post the numbers up here. It's not worth doing anything else until the test is done. Start looking for heads.

OP
OP
MoparMagic'00

MoparMagic'00

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.2 Magnum
Ditch the Bosch platinum plugs.

I know i know lol but i tried the Champions and they ran like crap with them... I mean I went from 10.5 to 7.5 mpg.... no power and everything else went back to the bosch that it had when i got the truck and it ran back like it was before...

BBartow

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L Magnum
I know i know lol but i tried the Champions and they ran like crap with them... I mean I went from 10.5 to 7.5 mpg.... no power and everything else went back to the bosch that it had when i got the truck and it ran back like it was before...

He means run copper plugs.

WhiteExpress

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
A compression test indeed sounds in order.

Could be caused by something like a bum injector, the 'easy' test would involve buyin 4 sets of injector o-rings, and lifting the fuel rail, moving the injector and see if the issue moves. With 250k, I'm sure those o-rings are brittle enough they'll leak if you try to reuse em.

OP
OP
MoparMagic'00

MoparMagic'00

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.2 Magnum
update!!!
well i tried pulling injector on #3 (the one missing) ohmnd out at 12.3 so should be good... decided to pull the plug and it was a bit dirty (from all the missing) then checked the wire that is only about a month old... was clean on the plug side but on the dizzy side was white... checked the resistance and there was none.. my guess is that is a bad wire and only time it was firing was when jumping the gap of the wire... sound about right??
and thanks for the tip on the copper plugs :)