Spark plugs

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dthrasher

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Magnum 5.9
On my 98 dodge ram 1500 went to change the spark plugs got the first one on each side changed but that was it the rest are to corroded to get out. I have already tried wd-40 to break it up but nothing seems to work. Any ideas?

dodge dude94

Millennial Boomer
Reaction score
Ram Year
1998 Ram 1500
Engine
5.9 Magnum
WD40 is useless in an application like this. Use some PB Blaster or Kroil on them. Start soaking them and I'd also advise that you got on a nice drive to heat the engine up, then pull the plug boots off and spray that stuff in there.

Stegs

Reaction score
Ram Year
1998 Dodge Ram 1500 4x4
Engine
5.2L 318 C.I.
WD40 is useless in an application like this. Use some PB Blaster or Kroil on them. Start soaking them and I'd also advise that you got on a nice drive to heat the engine up, then pull the plug boots off and spray that stuff in there.

x2....drive the truck till the engine is warm, pull the boots off and soak with pb blaster, or Ive heard good things about wd-40 blu torch

soak the plugs, leave them sit for a hour before you try...if they are still stuck, re spray and try again in a hour

whatever you do, don't crack one off, and when you do get them out, a little grease on the threads will help you...

tip, pull your plugs one time a year to look at them and gap them. every time just add a little grease to the threads...you will never have this issue again...ever!

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VLG6963