Straight pipe?:D

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Gmack2012

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
So, I got this idea. I'm gonna have to get my inspection done by next month and I know my exhaust don't pass(how I bought it). All it has after the cat is a glass pack and nothing else, no tail pipe, no turn down, nothin.

So obviously I will have to address that kinda soon and I don't want fix it the cheap way and then pay again later on just to do it the way I realy want. What I want is a straight pipe but I know that don't pass either so what I was thinking was hav inserts made where I can unbolt the muffler and cat and swap out a straight pipe with out cutting and rewelding everytime I need to swith it. Anyone done that or seen it done or mabey know what kinda cost I'm lookin at?

ramhunter9

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
P-Star Jeep Wrangler
That might work . We dont have inspections where I live its 5" straight pipe from turbo back here ..lol

OP
OP
G

Gmack2012

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Wow I wish we had that. Here once yourr vehicle turns 25 years old it's considered "antique" and u don't have to worry about that no more

Stangshcky12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Cummins
Something like that will work but it's going to be a good bit of work every time you swap it. With the exhaust settling and moving you'll have to force it a little

ktm1217

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.2L 318ci Magnum

KGBIGCOUNTRY

Reaction score
Ram Year
2004 RCSB/2005 QCSB
Engine
5.7 / 5.7
Buy flange joints and have them welded to the pipes where you want to pull them apart. Its gonna cost a pretty penny to get it done nice but it sounds like what your looking for.

OP
OP
G

Gmack2012

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Buy flange joints and have them welded to the pipes where you want to pull them apart. Its gonna cost a pretty penny to get it done nice but it sounds like what your looking for.

Ya exactly what I had in mind!

OP
OP
G

Gmack2012

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Why dont you just slip one of these onto your pipe without havin to swap about pipes and mufflers and such..
JEGS Performance Products 30751 JEGS Exhaust Cutouts

or you can go the fancy way and get an manual cable operated cutout:
JEGS Performance Products 30862 JEGS Cast Iron Exhaust Cutouts

or they might have electric ones too lol idk how much youd wanna spend though...

I had actualy thought of thy as well but didn't know which would be better but that manual switch seems pretty interesting as well

ktm1217

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.2L 318ci Magnum
I had actualy thought of thy as well but didn't know which would be better but that manual switch seems pretty interesting as well
Yeah ive thought about em for my truck too..Idk what theyd be like, but it might be easier/cheaper than your other idea. Its up to you, just thought id throw this one out there for ya too. Im def gonna put em on my 82 F100 when i get that done though, which wont be for a little while. but i plan on doin headers on a 460 into dual 2.5" all the way back with the cutouts and then glasspacks. But if you do go this route, let us know how they come out!

OP
OP
G

Gmack2012

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Yeah ive thought about em for my truck too..Idk what theyd be like, but it might be easier/cheaper than your other idea. Its up to you, just thought id throw this one out there for ya too. Im def gonna put em on my 82 F100 when i get that done though, which wont be for a little while. but i plan on doin headers on a 460 into dual 2.5" all the way back with the cutouts and then glasspacks. But if you do go this route, let us know how they come out!

Ya I'll deffinately let y'all know what I decide

Badger

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Cutouts would be best/easiest. No inspections here though