Symptoms of "off" fuel sync

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mikecollins

Reaction score
Ram Year
2002 Ram 1500
Engine
I feel you pain brother, i was rechecking things today and my iac is fried and stuck closed, yanked it out and still wont start it still acts like its running rich

OP
OP
Yeret

Yeret

The Village Drunk
Reaction score
Under the hood fixing/breaking something.
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Magnum
At this point, I think the issue is some kind of transmission hunting, especially considering it seems to happen right before where the transmission would normally shift. The transmission seems like it's "confused" during part-throttle, low-RPM cruising near it's shift point, almost like it can't decide whether to upshift or hold the current gear.

If anyone has any imput here, I'm all ears. The issue was lessened with a new TPS. The throttle body adjustment didn't have any effect on the problem, although the increased cable tension makes the truck much snappier off the line, which I like. :)

Shadow_Death

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Mine does this motion to the beat of the engines glug glug glug glug. Each time it lurches a little.

Shadow_Death

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
At this point, I think the issue is some kind of transmission hunting, especially considering it seems to happen right before where the transmission would normally shift. The transmission seems like it's "confused" during part-throttle, low-RPM cruising near it's shift point, almost like it can't decide whether to upshift or hold the current gear.

If anyone has any imput here, I'm all ears. The issue was lessened with a new TPS. The throttle body adjustment didn't have any effect on the problem, although the increased cable tension makes the truck much snappier off the line, which I like. :)

I figured I would dig this old thread up to tell you about something I just remembered.

I solved my surging isue when driving at low RPM and that "confused" issue you spoke of. After tightening my bands I noticed the issue too. Right at the end of 1st it seems to bounce between 1st and 2nd then finally it goes into 2nd. In first at any rpm it seems to lope forward.

If you haven't done it already drop you trans pan and look at your Pressure Solenoid. Mine was clogged with all sorts of metal shavings. Replacing mine fixed the issues.

meistermash

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
May or maynot help. In my hanes manwell, it says to reset the tps after replacing it. I think you reset the computer then depress the throttle all the way.
Mom was here and tossed my house while I was sickly so no idea where the hanes book went for now