Transmission

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

esiegel91

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
360 v8
So my truck is not shifting well pretty sure my transmission is going out. So I'm looking into buying a transmission rather than rebuild, not against rebuilding but looking at both. Does anyone know where I can buy or look at buying and upgraded already transmission

PCT

2019 2500 6.4
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
From what I understand.... Since they don't make the 4 speed anymore, they are all reman, can't get a truely new one...
For that year, that transmission is a pile, I would maybe look at going down the built tranny path

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

OP
OP
esiegel91

esiegel91

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
360 v8
Ok, good to know. If I were going to rebuild what would you guys suggest for transmission upgrades. I don't really know much about automatic transmissions.

SilverStreak88

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Eco Gasser
Shift kit for sure, maybe bigger stall converter.

Sent From 1 of Many Samsung Devices

dudeman2009

Reaction score
Ram Year
2001 1500 Sport with enough electrical modifications to make my brain hurt
Engine
Magnum 360
I consider myself lucky to have gone 135K on the stock tranny. Except its dying fast now. Fluid completely black, hesitation shifting anywhere. No power off the start. I can rebuild a manual, but these beast are too much for me. If you live anywhere near Lansing Michigan I would recommend the guy im going to as soon as I get a loan. Mikes auto repair off M52.

He just did my buddies ford, great service with a straight 2 year warranty. Hell even my old diesel teacher said he was the best. Fair price to, he doesnt ********.

Also, id they offer any warranty less than 4 months or 5K, its probably because thats when most of their customers comeback with problems.

Good luck finding a good shop that will help you out.

Mohpar

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Magnum 5.9
Another agree with megaviper one.

The fact that they list the specific parts used to upgrade with pictures is a great +
Most places are silent about what goes into their trans except that it can stand up to a certain power supposedly. Have had my eye on the PATC one for awhile.

Mohpar

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Magnum 5.9
Time and money. Got a deployment this summer and gonna do it a bit before that

Well best of luck! A small writeup would be great on how hard a swap is.

Micchi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.2L
If you're looking for an upgraded trans try contacting Martin Saine, MSaine Performance.
at [email protected] or 951-907-0434. Was going to get him to build one for me but sadly I didn't have the money.

cpicking

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
46rh transmission not shifting into overdrive

I have a 1994 Dodge Ram 1500 with a 5.2. I had a rebuilt transmission put in 3 years ago and it's not shifting into overdrive. I replaced the control solenoid. It throws a code 37. No sure what it may be. Any suggestions?

Last edited: