Transmission Problems

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

varam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Magnum 5.9L V8
Over the past several years I have had all kinds of problems with my transmissions and rear differential. The problems started with the truck jerking forward on occasion, usually after the truck started off in 2nd gear. I’ve had the transmission rebuilt, all the solenoids replaced, fusses replaced, rear differential rebuilt, and the CPU unit replaced. It ran fine for about 2 years and now it is back up to its old stuff. Starting out in the wrong gear (or at least that is what I think it’s doing) then jerking into the correct gear really violently. Any idea what else could be going wrong or if I can swap this transmission out for a better one? If so which one should I put in and will it fix the problem?

I want to put 33" tires on it but not until the transmission is fixed.

pavester

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
what kind of truck? year model motor?

if its constantly breaking you might want to look into rebuilding with billet componets and whatnot

Bigtman07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 5.9
what kind of truck? year model motor?

if its constantly breaking you might want to look into rebuilding with billet componets and whatnot

Look at his info. lol

1997 Ram 5.9

I'm not sure why your trans keeps acting up unless you are doing some heavy duty towing with it. But under normal situations it shouldn't go out that fast.

pavester

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
im on my phone haha

Sent from a bauce ass phone

OP
OP
V

varam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Magnum 5.9L V8
Answers

I don't do any heavy hauling or towing. I also do not do any off roading. Doesn't make any sense as to why the transmission is acting up. I'd prefer to fix this one verses buying another one.

Bigtman07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 5.9
I don't blame ya for wanting to fix it.

I'm guessing though that you do all the normal maint on the trans?? change fluids and all that jazz. When you had it rebuilt do you know what all they replaced??

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NeedHead