transmission relay fuse?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bigred318

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
magnum 318 5.2l
1998 dodge ram 1500 4x4 5.2l automatic 148,000 miles

i did an intake manifold repair. when i was all done and ready to start the truck i connected the battery then notcied there was one cable that i forgot to connect. it was the cable that runs from the alternator to the fuse box. this cable accidentally touched some metal that grounded it and i heard a crack and saw a spark. i could have sworn i saw a small puff of smoke come from the fuse box and smelt a faint odor of something that burnt. when i started the truck i took it for a drive and its starting out in 3rd gear from stop. i have to shift it to 1 to get 2nd gear then up to D to get it in 3rd. no first gear. i researched a ton online and it seems like its the transmission relay fuse (which makes sense i may have blown it). so i switched the tran relay fuse with the horn relay fuse (they're identical). no dice. so i called up the dodge dealer, had to buy 2 fuses one for the tran relay and one for the horn relay. i replaced them both, still no dice on the tranny OR horn, im not sure if any other fuses blew but those. is there a main fuse that if it blows it willl disrupt the voltage current to all the fuses that i should replace? id hate to spend money on a new tranny when all it is was a fuse... thanks in advance

oh i forgot, after i noticed this problem i brought it to a mechanic. they replaced the 3/4 gear solenoid, adjsuted TV cable, checked the eletical connection in the transmission and put new fluid in. $475 later, its no different from when i dropped it off. and this whole time ive been getting check engine code P0753 - "shift solenoid a electrical" thanks

05singlecabHEMI

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
you can go with a volt meter and test each fuse. and i would test the voltage where the 2 fuses go.