truck bucking

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dixiechick1968

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Recently, i replaced my transmission. Since that time, i have been having a problem with the truck bucking when warm/hot. I have replaced the wires, plugs, distributor cap, rotor, and just yesterday, the fuel pump. Problem has not been solved. Prior to the transmission change, my truck ran beautiful. Any idea what might be going on??? I appreciate your input.

Badger

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Define bucking... Is it trying to throw you off? Lol jk but a better definition would help.

OP
OP
D

dixiechick1968

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Ha-Ha-Ha....your funny. It starts and runs great. And then when warm, it starts spittin and sputterin like I am out of gas. I have to pull over, put it in neutral and hit the gas until it clears itself. I am ok after that for a little while. Does this make more sense??

EJM05

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
440 Big Block
dixiechick1968 said:
Ha-Ha-Ha....your funny. It starts and runs great. And then when warm, it starts spittin and sputterin like I am out of gas. I have to pull over, put it in neutral and hit the gas until it clears itself. I am ok after that for a little while. Does this make more sense??

Makes No sense. Hope more people chim in. Sounds like something OS getting gunked up.

Badger

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Sounds like you have a fuel delivery problem for sure. Dump some Lucas injectors cleaner in the tank. Also check all your fuel lines from tank to engine and bleed the fuel system. Finally if none of this helps.... I'm stumped. Could be dirty objectors. I had a similar problem in an s10 turned out to be a fuel control module that had gone bad so look into that as well.

rambob

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
318 5.2l
doesnt the auto trans have something that connects to the throttle body?

b/c it only does it whens it warms makes me think of some type of egr or similar system

Bigtman07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 5.9
Try this. When it is warm shut it down and remove the aft o2. Sounds like it has a possibly clogged cat. Try that. Also dunked check fuel preasure at the intake. Make sure its getting enough fuel. Do you get any mil light codes?

Sent from my liberty x!