Truck turns over but wont sklktart after it died

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

97 Ram Sport 1500

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.2 V8
So im new to the forum, I own a 97 Dodge Ram Sport 1500 5.2 V8 with 4WD. I had it running last night after replacing front end parts and I ran inside to wash my hands to get all the gear lube and greese off my hands and when i came out the truck wasnt running, i tried to start it again and it would turn over but just wouldnt start i cant and havnt been able to hear the fuel pump when i first turn the key but it had always started first try no problem before my o2 sensor went out and then a lot of other things then went out on it. 2 New U-Joints, 2 Hubs, and an o2 sensor later and it dies before i could test drive it. It has spark and its over 1/4 of a tank, i put a bottle of heet in when i had filled up last so there shouldnt be any water in the lines, any help would be awesome. Every day the truck isnt on the road is a day i cant work to pay for new parts

Bigtman07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 5.9
Welcome to RF!

Sounds like a possible fuel pump issue if it is getting spark. Did the plugs look wet when you pulled them for a spark test? If not then you need to check for the fuel pump priming. If it isn't priming then check your wires first then check the pump. If it is priming. Prime the fuel system a couple times and see if it starts. If it does then there is an issue in the fuel line and possibly a dirty filter.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lasse452