Turbo

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

123river1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I want to Turbocharge my Gas Ram 1500 1996' 5.2l single cab short bed. I don't know what turbo/kit to buy?

dapepper9

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L V8
There's 1 kit available for purchase and i wouldn't trust em for ****. Search through the previous threads on the subject here in this section. Lots of good info. Also check out dakotart.com, those guys do some crazy ****

MADDOG

Out Exploring Arizona
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
You won't find a "kit" built specifically for your truck. You'll have to piece together a kit made up from different parts, brackets, hoses, clamps, etc...plus you'll have to get someone who can tune the vehicle after it's all installed.

Good luck! Sounds like a great project if you can make it work.

dapepper9

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L V8
You won't find a "kit" built specifically for your truck. You'll have to piece together a kit made up from different parts, brackets, hoses, clamps, etc...plus you'll have to get someone who can tune the vehicle after it's all installed.

Good luck! Sounds like a great project if you can make it work.

Actually there are 2 kits for these engines. Nothing good though. 1 is a twin turbo kit that for like 6k before tuning will make a 325whp built engine into a 550-600whp engine. If you can weld and cut tubing you can do the same for 2k.

The other company uses a single setup but is very well known for killing engines as a company all together. They do supercharger kits, turbo kits, build engines and tune them and not one of these packages will last or make anything near respectable for what you'll be spending. They charge like 5500+ and they will cost you your engine. For that reason i won't name them because i wouldn't wish them on anybody

Much better off building it yourself