Turbocharger on a 5.9 Magnum

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dudeman2009

Reaction score
Ram Year
2001 1500 Sport with enough electrical modifications to make my brain hurt
Engine
Magnum 360
I did some looking. Not only does the thing look like something out of a model engine, hardly anything is there kit wise. You basically need everything else, even that pipe is useless.

This is the same scam that is run all over the place, just a different model casting for the housing.

T3/T4 "Street Demon" Turbo Kit | Modular High Performance | Crownvic.net

I would buy that, to throw in my cousins RC truck.

One of their bragging points is the 'beautiful TIG welds' that alone sets this whole thing up as a joke.

I'm looking at the 'blowoff valve' I wouldn't even trust that thing to blow me off, it looks like some 20$ piece of plastic.

I'll be honest, any turbo for under $400 or any kit for less than $800 is going to be a joke. I'm not trying to be rude, but this gave me a good laugh. If you want more performance, go get a tune, its plug and play, mostly, and it costs half as much as an alright turbo setup.

Max78

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Magnum 5.9
Bolting that turbo onto your truck would kill power across the board, it WAY too small and would choke the **** out of your exhaust.

You will need upgraded valve springs for sure before you run any boost, especially if you have any kind of millage on them.

If you are looking for a kit that comes with a few items, here is the cheapest one I would recommend. Please note that this is just the beginning few parts that will get you started, expect a couple grand extra for all the other items you will need like a tune, fuel pump, injectors and stuff.

VS Racing

Here is that kit installed on a 4.8 LS in a Volvo. . .
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=__zrlcdZK3U

4.8 LS truck going 10s. . .
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6IR6iC85q8E