Underdrive pulley

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mohpar

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Magnum 5.9
Power gains vs cost of the pulley? Would love to see some data on them

craigsez

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
cost is in the 400 range and about 5-10 hp i think i saw..Plus the cost of a new belt..

Last edited:
OP
OP
Mohpar

Mohpar

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Magnum 5.9
Check out MPP 10500-08 at Hughes engines. Crank and alternator pulleys for $56.

Not sure where you'll find the right belt though...

Guess just go to autozone and test fit them

dapepper9

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L V8
If the pulley diameter is the same as stock you can use a stock belt. Otherwise wrap a piece of string around the pattern and measure that

tommyboi87

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.2 Magnum
Gains aren't worth it imo. You notice a slight mid range pull, but not much else. I made one at the machine shop I work at. To me the gains aren't worth the amp loss in stop and go traffic. With radio, ac and headlights on my truck was near stalling, and none of my accessories worked worth a fk. AC air wasn't cold at all, and my truck was running warmer than usual. Now, in good driving conditions, with OD off, it wasn't bad, and the gains noticed were fair. All in all, it's what you want, and what your daily driving conditions allow. For me, in South Louisiana summer temperatures, it really wasn't worth it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G925A using Tapatalk