V10 crank and cam trigger wheel details?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

E4ODnut

Reaction score
Ram Year
1995 Dodge Ram 2500 4x4
Engine
8L V10
The CKP and CMP sensors for these engines seem to be almost impossible to get now. I'm checking into the possibilities of getting some housings custom machined out of aluminum stock and using the Allegro ATS617LSGTN-T gear tooth sensor but I need some more details on the dimensions of the trigger wheels (tone rings)
If anyone has a crankshaft and a cam sprocket that they can check, I'd like to know the outside diameters, the width of the face, the length and depth of the notches. Also the installed air gap between the sensor faces and the wheel itself would be good to have.

Thanks.

MagSport

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
You may be better off just using some established EDIS system. I wouldn't think the v10 crank wheel is going to match up to the v8 very well. The only issue with going either of these routes are that you have to install a separate ignition control module, or have it custom tuned. Which I'm not sure if sct supports these kinds of conversions or not, although I'm sure it's been done. I would get in touch with Ryan Hogan over at flyin Ryan performance for some more info on this, he would be able to tell you if it's been done before and point you to someone who would have those dimensions you're looking for.