very bad miss please help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dodgeboggs438

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Ok im new here and i think this is were this thread goes if not im sorry. but anyway i have a 99 dodge ram 1500 5 spd 5.2 4x4 and last night its started acting like it was running out of gas i stoped never turned it off reved it up never missed a lick pulled out no prob and 5 min later same thing. Also if i get on it and keep the rpms up it runs perfect. What could cause this im thinking bad gas not sure tho any help would be greatly appriciated im not real knowledgable about a vehicle but know a little more than the basics which is why im here thanks in advance.

Brakelate

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
It throw an Check Engine Light? Not sure if it is OBDII port equipped at that year, but roll in and see if all your coils are ok, or if your computer is glitching out and throwing a code someone can pull up for you. Too many variables with those symptoms from fuel pump to O2 sensor burned out or disconnected.

leadrofthepak

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
It almost sounds like the cat is clogged. But Brakelate is right, a lot of variables with those symptoms.