What do you guys think of this?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Merc225hp

Reaction score
Ram Year
truck
Engine
gas
I do know someone that did that to his DSL truck, in his words "it only took two months for it to die" lol. Up to you but me never going to happen, one day I will get that NV4500 installed and be done with the auto junk.

OP
OP
dodge dude94

dodge dude94

Millennial Boomer
Reaction score
Ram Year
1998 Ram 1500
Engine
5.9 Magnum
I had read some stuff where guys were forgetting to turn it off and ended up nuking stuff. I was just wondering if it was something to look at to increase the longevity of my trans...

Merc225hp

Reaction score
Ram Year
truck
Engine
gas
Thats what he told me, forgot to shut it off or whatever. Best way to increase it's longevity is to replace it with a stick tranny, then put the auto up on a shelf and let it sit there. That will make it last a good long time :)

OP
OP
dodge dude94

dodge dude94

Millennial Boomer
Reaction score
Ram Year
1998 Ram 1500
Engine
5.9 Magnum
Thats what he told me, forgot to shut it off or whatever. Best way to increase it's longevity is to replace it with a stick tranny, then put the auto up on a shelf and let it sit there. That will make it last a good long time :)

lol I'd love to do that. But I don't think the girlfriend would appreciate that too much. ;)

05singlecabHEMI

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
buddy had it on his 96. it was worth it. thing was a beast. Though the truck was heavily modified. it had 273k miles on the original trans. he put it on at about 140k miles.

unfortunatly buddy wrecked the truck and we had to remove the button. when we fixed it the button would really confuse the trany for some reason unknown. would shift odd, wouldnt shift. thats why we had to remove it.

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
radikio