Wobble while slowing

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tommyboi87

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.2 Magnum
Ok so I can't pinpoint the exact time I noticed this problem, but what's happening is just before coming to a complete stop while braking, my front end wobbles from side to side. All new parts were recently installed. Upper/lower ball joints and inner/outer tie rod ends. This obviously corrected a lot of issues I had with steering, however, my front passenger tire has a noticeable amount of negative camber while the front driver is almost centered. Also, I've noticed a progressively worsening clunking sound coming from the front passenger wheel area when coming to a complete stop and when taking off from a stop. It pulls awkwardly to the passenger side at random moments. It is toe out a slight bit, haven't and the time to adjust that, but anyway, I need y'all to help me out guys. I'm at a loss right now.

Was not set from an iPhone.

MagSport

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
The wobble would be caused by a bad rotor as far as the camber issue I would think that would be ball joints but I'm not real good with front end components. That clank may be coming from the hub or a combination of the bad/warped rotor. Have a good alignment shop in your area check it out for sure though. They'll be able to tell you more about the camber.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
tommyboi87

tommyboi87

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.2 Magnum
Well I had a pretty good shop here in town look at it and they told me my lower ball joints were shot, I changed them and still the same issuee

Was not sent from an iPhone.

OP
OP
tommyboi87

tommyboi87

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.2 Magnum
I never even thought to check the rotors. Would the rotors make the front end wobble when making sharp turns too? The clunking sound kinda freaks me out a little bit. Whenever I take off you can hear it clear as day, I can feel it through the floorboard, I feel it in the steering wheel occasionally, but when I hear it, it always comes from a different location it seems like. So it makes it hard to pinpoint what could be popping.

OP
OP
tommyboi87

tommyboi87

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.2 Magnum
I was on my way home from work and now I'm starting to feel that clunk/pop when I hit the brake.

Dee907

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 magnum
try wheel bearings in the front just a thought

MWest208

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.2L
I had this issue last week. As soon as I felt/heard it, I parked it and replaced the brake pads right away. I was worried about my rotors but when I took the calipers off they seemed to be fine.
Once the new pads were in the wobble was severely less noticable and the sound was completely gone.
A new trackbar is probably in the works for me to fix a bit of the wobble (wobble no longer happens when breaking, just when I am going between 20-45mph intermittenly)

KarL45

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Ram Express quad cab 4x4
Engine
5.7 MDS
Wobble

Just a thought if nothing else seems visible, have you recently had a tire rotation. A broken belt in a front tire can cause this and is more noticeable at slower speeds. The wobble may not be real noticeable when the tire is on the rear but on the front it will. Just a thought.

OP
OP
tommyboi87

tommyboi87

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.2 Magnum
Changed rotors last night. Haven't driven the truck yet due to no gas in the tank lol. As for the clunk on take off and braking, could the intermediate steering shaft be the culprit?