**PLEASE HELP** Ram 1500 issues

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DertReynolds

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V8
Hi Everyone, I appreciate you coming to this thread. My 2001 Ram 1500 V8 is giving me a hell-of-a time. I have read a lot of threads online on multiple sites about trucks with the same symptoms as mine but nothing definite. So please read my thread and tell me what you think.

I just purchased my truck and it came with aftermarket auto start installed. The problem is when I start my vehicle (auto-start or not,) the dash lights and tail lights will go out when I step on the brake. They won’t come on until I turn off the truck and restart it but it happens again once pressed on the brake. I believe it is an auto-start issue simply for the fact that the auto-start will flash the tail lights and front parking lights, leading me to believe that the auto-start is on the same circuit as the lights. PLEASE LET ME KNOW WHAT YOU THINK!

All fuses and relays have been checked with a volt meter and they all check out.

Link to a video I made on YouTube explains everything as well.

O.R.T.

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Mods, please move this to the 2nd-Gen side of the board since it's an '01?

Wahrsuul

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Before stepping on the brake, are you putting the key in and turning it to the run position?