01 1500 sport speaker help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dudeman2009

Reaction score
Ram Year
2001 1500 Sport with enough electrical modifications to make my brain hurt
Engine
Magnum 360
I know very little of how these trucks audio systems are installed, and the service manual isnt very helpful. It also doesnt help that I have so much crap in my back seat, i'm not sure I even have a rear section of my cab anymore.

At some point in my trucks life, a retard replaced my stereo. He hooked up the front door kicker speakers, but not the pillar tweeters, and there are speakers playing in back, but i've read conflicting things about the number of speakers back there.

I have an 01 sport club cab, its extended with suicide doors. Getting the pillars working again is easy, however I have no idea how many speakers are in the back. For the longest time I was unaware that there were even speakers back there, let alone their specs.

I know the pillars are tweeters, but what are the rest, and how many are there? I'm guessing the two from door speakers are full range, but are the ones in the rear doors full range too or are they just mid and low?

The guy installed a nice head unit, off the top of my head its a pioneer deh-6800 or 6500? it started with a 6. And it has plenty of power, but turning it up past half causes horrible distortion and im sure it would blow the speakers. I know enough to setup a decent system from scratch, but working in an existing system throws me off. There are so many things i've got to check, such as did the idiot wire in the speakers backwards, what outputs did he hook them up to, and why the hell did he unplug the connector from the driver side pillar tweeter then leave it. Plugging it back in does not result in sound and the passenger side is plugged in.

Can anyone shed some light on these trucks speaker systems and its factory ratings?