10"-12" subs in a Single cab 2nd Gen ram???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dodge96Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Magnum 5.2
http://www.ramforum.com/f62/kicker-install-18260/

I have already had to replace a front window ! Kicker for the mother ******* WIN

RamHunter9, So you claim you broke the windshield with that one little 10" L7? No you didn't lol not even remotely close to possible. I ran a car stereo shop for 9 years and competed for many of those years. It takes a whole hell of a lot more than that to break glass. 4 12" L7's in a custom built slot ported box, 156.4 DB in a pathfinder, took 2nd in our class, no broken glass..............

Graygoose

Indecisive Car Owner
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Convert, for now.
Engine
small

I have already had to replace a front window ! Kicker for the mother ******* WIN

RamHunter9, So you claim you broke the windshield with that one little 10" L7? No you didn't lol not even remotely close to possible. I ran a car stereo shop for 9 years and competed for many of those years. It takes a whole hell of a lot more than that to break glass. 4 12" L7's in a custom built slot ported box, 156.4 DB in a pathfinder, took 2nd in our class, no broken glass..............

Which class did you compete in?

WhiteExpress

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi

Whoa! Digging up a year old thread to talk smack?!
-tRqCN1yQ9KB89sCj9Yzne5tG0y2hZkWUzfF08tOBYqQ8ZA_mg.jpg

I don't think he was saying he busted out a windshield from it, but taking a slightly cracked windshield, especially in cold weather and turning it into something that needs replacement is very possible with an L7!

dodge dude94

Millennial Boomer
Reaction score
Ram Year
1998 Ram 1500
Engine
5.9 Magnum
Whoa! Digging up a year old thread to talk smack?!
-tRqCN1yQ9KB89sCj9Yzne5tG0y2hZkWUzfF08tOBYqQ8ZA_mg.jpg

I don't think he was saying he busted out a windshield from it, but taking a slightly cracked windshield, especially in cold weather and turning it into something that needs replacement is very possible with an L7!
Holy Necro-post, right?

Dodge96Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Magnum 5.2
First off, graygoose this was not for you. I quoted the wrong post. This was directed towards ramhunter9. Sorry about that.

LOL i had no idea it was a year old, didnt even look at the date. Im not a **** talker, just love to call people out when they are full of it.

I competed mostly at a shop called Tweeter in Albany NY, friend of mine worked there for years. Class was set by advertised total wattage on whatever amos you chose to run. The pathfinder had 4 Kole audio 1200 watt amps, one of each woofer. Woofers were wired with 8 gauge cable, single chamber slot ported box, double battery set up, windows closed of course, interior amps disconnected, sat at about 1500 RPM to keep the voltage as high as possible. The hatch glass on the pathfinder is a pop glass, you can open it with out opening the tailgate. We did have the glass flex away from the weatherstripping but never broke. I have been doing this a LONG time. 99% of people who claim they have broken glass are full of it. You sure as hell arent going to even come close with a single 10" L7

Graygoose

Indecisive Car Owner
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Convert, for now.
Engine
small
No offsense taken, all good. Just i used to run a competition team back in the day, was curiuous what class, IASCA, IDbL, USACi, MECA, dbdrag?

Graygoose

Indecisive Car Owner
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Convert, for now.
Engine
small
Right on, I did a many dbDrag world finals LOL

Dodge96Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Magnum 5.2
Never set any records or anything like that, did it because i love it. Nothing like the feeling of having your breath taken away by bass lol

Graygoose

Indecisive Car Owner
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Convert, for now.
Engine
small
Oh yea, Ive sat in many loud ones!

Dodge96Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Magnum 5.2
I got out of it about 3 years ago. Did it for 11 years and it was becoming more of a job than something i loved to do. Everyone wants a million dollar system but buys the $129 subwoofer in a box POS from peoboys, and a pair of huge plastic horns from radioshack, and wonders why i refused to install it lol. Just not at all what it used to be.

Graygoose

Indecisive Car Owner
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Convert, for now.
Engine
small
Oh Im still in it, just not into competing anymore, that sport died years ago.

Dodge96Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Magnum 5.2
Yea i mean i still love it i still install from time to time but i got out of the industry as a profession. Nothing exciting on the market these days.

Graygoose

Indecisive Car Owner
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Convert, for now.
Engine
small
There have been some great changes in electronics, but not like TV's or other handheld gadgets. :)

Dodge96Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Magnum 5.2
In terms of integration modules and things like that, yes i agree. Installing a remote start can be done in the dark with your teeth now lol. Not like when it actually took skill and knowing how to use resistors, diodes, and relays.

Graygoose

Indecisive Car Owner
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Convert, for now.
Engine
small
Yup, makes it much easier.

Dodge96Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Magnum 5.2
It does but what happened to being a skilled installer? Thats a thing of the past now.

Dodge96Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Magnum 5.2
Not sure what i plan to install in the ram yet. Toss up between an old school set of rockford XLC 10"s or an old school set of pioneer diamond plate 12"s We'll see what happens.

Johnn123

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Not sure what i plan to install in the ram yet. Toss up between an old school set of rockford XLC 10"s or an old school set of pioneer diamond plate 12"s We'll see what happens.

Both sound like sweet options, Id go with the 10's myself :D Still diein to get a real system in my truck haha, only have an old pioneer deck 4x35w and 4 very cheap wal mart 6x9's. Works but it sucks haha.

Dodge96Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Magnum 5.2
Yea i like the response of a 10" woofer, 12"***** a little lower but the 10" is more accurate. We'll see what happens. Pioneer has always made good quality product, even an old head unit will get the job done.