95 2500 no power at times

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

biker50610

Reaction score
Ram Year
2001 ram 4x4
Engine
lets start off with saying this is a 95 2500hd with the 5.9 gas, auto 4x4. This has happened twice so far. I go to start the truck an there is nothing, no lights in dash, radio nothing. I have checked my cables to the battery an they are good. I have to reset my radio each time as well. So it is a full power outage. I do not know dodge's very well but can work around. Any idea of common problems like this?

rustydagger

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7 with K&N CAI and Diablosport Trinity Tuner
I know you said they were good but here are some of my ideas anyway. The grounds could not be making good contact to the engine/frame. I would pull them apart and rub them will sandpaper or a file and see what you got. Check where the hot wire goes to a distribution block/ignition relay/etc and make sure it is good and tight/clean as well. If the battery terminals were corroded the leads themselves could be corroded for a stretch also.
I would get a light test or voltmeter and see if you have power on down the line away from the battery somewhere.