After market infinity speakers

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

swungspeedz

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have had them for a while and this problem for a while whenever I turn the radio up to loud they cut out, some people say you have to run a internal amp with them and the dodges stock speakers come with the little black amp hanging on the stock speakers, how would I use that with the after market speakers or would I have to get another amp to bolt on the door and run them to each speaker? Someone please help.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

MagSport

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
You can wire the outputs out of the stock amps to the aftermarket speakers and remote mount the Amps on the door.

OP
OP
swungspeedz

swungspeedz

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
You can wire the outputs out of the stock amps to the aftermarket speakers and remote mount the Amps on the door.
What wires are they there are like a whole bunch of them and then there are just a ground and power going to the after market. Can you tell me which ones or use pictures? Thanks magsport

OP
OP
swungspeedz

swungspeedz

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Anyone help?

jsmith

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
So I just gave the right front input and put them with the power? And the left front input with the power?

What are you tryng to do exactly? Wire stock amps/speakers with aftermarket headunit or wire the stock amps to aftermarket speakers?

OP
OP
swungspeedz

swungspeedz

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
What are you tryng to do exactly? Wire stock amps/speakers with aftermarket headunit or wire the stock amps to aftermarket speakers?
Stock amp to after market speakers. My infinity speakers. Need a response as soon as possibe.

OP
OP
swungspeedz

swungspeedz

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
92e3a8ec9dfd7d64df459f721a583ac0.jpg
whst wires shohld I run to use the infinity amp with the speakers
7bea4feabfe75a4c3a6c50f5e6400812.jpg
connected the 2 amps too and still cuts out at 20-30 volume

OP
OP
swungspeedz

swungspeedz

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
92e3a8ec9dfd7d64df459f721a583ac0.jpg
whst wires shohld I run to use the infinity amp with the speakers

uploadfromtaptalk1433878301527.jpg
I was using black to negative and red to positive but the speakers kept cutting out cause they were not getting enough power what wires do I run to use the built in infinity amp

jsmith

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
connected the 2 amps too and still cuts out at 20-30 volume

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk[/QUOTE]

Pretty sure you have them hooked up right, before I changed headunit and did away with the stock amps that's how I had them wired. Maybe the stock amps have a builtin cutoff and they were overheating and triggering it? Never turned mine up very loud when I had stock so not sure though

OP
OP
swungspeedz

swungspeedz

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Pretty sure you have them hooked up right, before I changed headunit and did away with the stock amps that's how I had them wired. Maybe the stock amps have a builtin cutoff and they were overheating and triggering it? Never turned mine up very loud when I had stock so not sure though
Thanks for the input man, I been trying all day my one friend said I need to either run a bypass for it or run speaker wire from the radio down to the speaker only way they would work. But I thought that I could bypass that some how. Or use the built in infinity amp?

jsmith

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Thanks for the input man, I been trying all day my one friend said I need to either run a bypass for it or run speaker wire from the radio down to the speaker only way they would work. But I thought that I could bypass that some how. Or use the built in infinity amp?

I think he may be right and you just need to bypass the stock amps, it might be worth a try to see if it eliminates the cutting out at least.

Merc225hp

Reaction score
Ram Year
truck
Engine
gas
Yes bypass the factory amp. Just run it off the deck.

OP
OP
swungspeedz

swungspeedz

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Do you think I might need to just unplug the blue wire from the back of the radio for the amp? Or I need to by a bypass harness?