cb radio

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

darkhorse84

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
So I got a cb radio and need to know where are the best places to mount it? My cup holder is always down so I'm looking for ideas.

daredevil95

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
So I got a cb radio and need to know where are the best places to mount it? My cup holder is always down so I'm looking for ideas.

Yea, I was thinking of hooking up a CB also, I was gonna go over to a truck stop and check out their CB mounting kits, I would like to mount it above the rear view mirror or install it directly in front of the middle of the seat on the hump standing straight up but, IDK, I have to see what the different type of mounting kits are available. Le t me know what you find....

OP
OP
D

darkhorse84

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I've seen a couple that mount it center standing up and some right there under the steering column. I'm going to try straight up on the center console. Just have to find the correct bracket.

daredevil95

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine

Gen2Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.2l V8 Magnum
I don't know if you have an automatic here is how I mounted mine and yes it allows the cup holder to be down.

WP_20141005_0081_zps9e990cf6.jpg

WP_20141005_0031_zps8c9583f9.jpg

I wish I had a picture of it after I put carpet over it, I assure you it looks much better now.

daredevil95

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Yea, that looks good, plus I get to use my cup holders. What's that power source your using and how did or where did you wire it into?

Gen2Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.2l V8 Magnum
I just bought a car cigarette lighter socket splitter (which you can see in the pictures I posted above) and a 12V fused replacement cigarette lighter plug, then you just hook up the leads and your good to go. You could hard wire it if you want its all up to you. Running the coax cable for your antenna and any wire for that matter is all about being creative, you just have to go do it.