CD changer???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gwolf

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Magnum 5.9L
So when I was taking out my original head unit, i did notice that there was a cable for a CD changer, i looked every where for the other end in my truck. Under the seats, in the storage unit under the back seat, even under the dash. Anyone knows where the end of the cable is? Another audio question is, that there is a black and blue wire that is connected by itself to the back of the original head unit. I unplugged it while everything was running and on, and there was no change. What is that black and blue cable for?

OP
OP
gwolf

gwolf

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Magnum 5.9L
Actually it is an OEM head unit, there is even a picture and section for a CD changer compatible head unit.

Bigtman07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 5.9
Huh never seen one. Interesting.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

OP
OP
gwolf

gwolf

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Magnum 5.9L
here is what it looks like, there is even a little drawing of one in the owners manual.

IMG_20120503_174039.jpg

MADDOG

Out Exploring Arizona
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
There was an option group for a CD changer and dealers mounted them in different places. Under the front seats, if it was an extended cab under the rear seat or on the cab back wall. I even saw one mounted in the glovebox! Not sure what the other wire is for but if you can't find the CD changer, it's probably gone.

If ya really gotta know, unplug the cable and pull on it.

OP
OP
gwolf

gwolf

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Magnum 5.9L
There was an option group for a CD changer and dealers mounted them in different places. Under the front seats, if it was an extended cab under the rear seat or on the cab back wall. I even saw one mounted in the glovebox! Not sure what the other wire is for but if you can't find the CD changer, it's probably gone.

If ya really gotta know, unplug the cable and pull on it.

I tried following the cable today, and it just wraps around into the dash. So I don't really know what's going on with it. In order to find out where the wire really goes, I'd have to remove the dash completely, that will take all day, and I really don't wanna do that right now.

MADDOG

Out Exploring Arizona
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Sounds like someone just pushed it out of the way. So you can't unwrap it from underneath? One of the great joys of vehicle modding is laying on the cab floor, across the transmission hump, looking up into dark spaces. ;)

Bigtman07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 5.9
Aint it the truth. Ineresting i just thought that was the one without cd. Hmmmm maybe in the back seat somewhere?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

OP
OP
gwolf

gwolf

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Magnum 5.9L
Exactly what I thought, maybe ill just take my dash apart on my next day off and see what I can find.