Cruise control not working

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

whitedodge

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 magnum
When I turn it on, the CRUISE light comes on like normal. But then when I push SET, it doesn't engage.

Plop92

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V10 8L
When I turn it on, the CRUISE light comes on like normal. But then when I push SET, it doesn't engage.

My truck havin the same issues I think It jas tp do with the vac system ill be taking it in to the dealer and will let you know what I find out

dudeman2009

Reaction score
Ram Year
2001 1500 Sport with enough electrical modifications to make my brain hurt
Engine
Magnum 360
Cruise problems are in my opinion some of the hardest to fix as you have to be moving to test it. However, the first things that should be checked are the vacuum lines, and the connector cable that runs from the cruise control solenoid to the TB. There may also be a vacuum leak inside your cruise control solenoid.

Jimmy68

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.2L Magnum
My "cruise" light comes on when I turn on my ignition. Then goes out and nothing works after that.:roflsquared:

rammanriley20

Reaction score
Ram Year
1999 Ram 1500
Engine
5.9 Mag
check vacuum lines. i broke one a while back and have no cruise. looks like a pain to replace so im gonna liquid tape it

crazzywolfie

Reaction score
Ram Year
81 93
Engine
i would start by testing the cruise control servo if i was trouble shooting cruise control. should have + power at pin 3 with cruise on if your brake light switch is working properly. if it does then you need to do is ground pin 1 and 2 and the vacuum diaphragm should suck itself in if the diaphragm is not sticking. i have seen many cruise old cruise control servo's that just needed a small push to free them up after not being used for a long time.
cruise%2Bservo.png