Custom wiring questions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BlackMagnum2000

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Magnum
Alright so I have a couple questions about running a few custom wires. Keep in mind I've a novice at wiring, almost no experience. I'm very slowly learning.
Alright question 1. I want to wire it to where I can have my driving/parking lights flash when I lock/unlock my doors. Now I'm sure that there is a wire in my door panel either going from whatever sensor there is for the key fob to the locking motor, or if not I can just use the wire for the motor itself. If I splice that wire into my driving lights, how can I make it to where it will send power one way (to the lights) but not the other way, so when I turn my lights on it won't send constant power to the lock. I'm assuming it's a simple relay job but idk.
Second, I'm am going to get towing mirrors with turn signals in them in the not too distant future. Since I'm soon to pull my dash and most likely door panel for the first part of this post, I thought I might as well go ahead and run the wire as well. The signals are a single filament bulb I believe. Now is there a way to make it to where they will turn on with my driving lights, and then when I use my blinker, it will flash the signal rather that simply staying light constantly.

If you didn't understand one of the questions that's perfectly understandable, I suck at explaining things lol. I can do my best to elaborate without being too confusing. Any help at all is greatly appreciated.

dodge dude94

Millennial Boomer
Reaction score
Ram Year
1998 Ram 1500
Engine
5.9 Magnum
Well... I don't know about the second question but I do know that your dealer should be able to flash your computer(s) to enable the light flash.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
amdwilsns01