Electric start and security system

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JMikk

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.2L 318
My truck has after market electric start and security, The remote broke on me and the module doesnt have a name on it. should i just take it to an electric start and security installer or is there a way to find out what the hell the system is by myself?

SilverStreak88

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Eco Gasser
There's no name on the module?? There has to be some #'s somewhere, if you can get those I can see what I can dig up.

OP
OP
J

JMikk

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.2L 318
There's no name on the module?? There has to be some #'s somewhere, if you can get those I can see what I can dig up.

I can get you the model number, pretty sure i saw that on there.

SilverStreak88

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Eco Gasser
This is the remote that came with my truck
Well, that one looks pretty aged. There's quite a few models of systems by Prestige that are discontinued with yours being one of them. I would say your best bet is to get a new "better" system.

OP
OP
J

JMikk

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.2L 318
Well, that one looks pretty aged. There's quite a few models of systems by Prestige that are discontinued with yours being one of them. I would say your best bet is to get a new "better" system.

hmm, Guess i could get a viper system

OP
OP
J

JMikk

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.2L 318
Now your thinking with your head! The new ones have all kinds of bells and whistles.

It just sucks that it was working great and it seems to have unprogrammed itself. The light on the fob still works its just not sending commands anymore

SilverStreak88

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Eco Gasser
No functions, Is there a way to program these things just to try before i spend a nice chunk of cash
[Try this]

*To program these selectable features:

1. Start with the programming switch in the OFF position.

2. Turn the ignition key to the ON position.

3. Flip the program switch ON - OFF - ON - OFF - ON - then OFF.

4. Immediately turn the ignition key OFF, then back to ON.

5. Flip the program switch ON - OFF - ON - then OFF.

6. Use button 2 on the transmitter to advance to the feature that you want to change. EXAMPLE - If you need to change

programmable feature number 3, press and release button 2 on the transmitter 3 times in succession. The parking

lights will flash 3 times confirming that selected feature 3 can now be programmed.

7. Use button 1 on the transmitter to change the selection of the programmable feature. If you are not sure what the setting

for any feature is, press button 1 one time, the parking lights will flash once or twice indicating the features setting.

Note: Once you enter the feature programming mode, do not allow more that 15 seconds to pass between steps, or the programming will be terminated.

OP
OP
J

JMikk

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.2L 318
[Try this]

6. Use button 2 on the transmitter to advance to the feature that you want to change. EXAMPLE - If you need to change

programmable feature number 3, press and release button 2 on the transmitter 3 times in succession. The parking

lights will flash 3 times confirming that selected feature 3 can now be programmed.

7. Use button 1 on the transmitter to change the selection of the programmable feature. If you are not sure what the setting

for any feature is, press button 1 one time, the parking lights will flash once or twice indicating the features setting.

Note: Once you enter the feature programming mode, do not allow more that 15 seconds to pass between steps, or the programming will be terminated.

Okay hold on, i didn't notice a switch on the module

OP
OP
J

JMikk

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.2L 318
[Try this]

if i stand next to the truck and press lock the truck starts....

OP
OP
J

JMikk

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.2L 318
Sounds like your remote battery is low.

Theres no antenna for the module... I have no clue how it worked before.... Still want it to lock my truck though. Going to take the truck to a guy who installs systems and have him see what he can do for me