Electrical issues under acceleration

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Twincommander

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V10
1999 2500 V10... The issue has grown from 1 to 3...

Under acceleration, the fan blower motor will kick itself on. I didn't really notice it till now because i've already had the A/C on, but it would kick itself of after awhile.

On top of this, when the blower motor is self powered, it causes the transmission to not shift properly, and to also lock up. Doesn't matter if the O/D switch is on or off.

Now all of a sudden, it causing the engine to stall, and for the engine to maintain RPM if you blip the gas. Ive gone under the dash and wiggled all the wires I could, but nothing changed so far. I haven't found any obvious stuff under the hood, but I do feel this could be a major safety issue now that I've got powertrain issues.

What wiring is shared between the blower and transmission? PCM?

OP
OP
T

Twincommander

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V10
I replaced the ignition start switch. The tumbler is worn out as well, so ill be replacing that after my trip this weekend. Ill report back with results.

MagSport

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I would think that something has shorted and melted two wires together. Trace the wires that come off of your gear shifter for the o-d on/off button, and make sure they have not melted together with any fan wiring.
My remote wire for my radio shorted one time and melted into my headlight circuit so every time the radio was on, so were my lights. Which was super helpful for finding the short btw lol.