fog lamps quit working

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SAWFISH

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have a 2000 Ram sport and the fog lights just quit working on it. The indicator next to the light switch shows that they are on but they are not. I have checked the fuse in the engine compartment and it is ok. From what I have read on the internet is the relay for the fog lamps should click when the lamps are turned on which it does. I turned them on and then pulled the relay and put it back in and the relay clicked, when the lamps are turned off it does not click. I have swapped the relay out with the horn relay and it makes no differance. The one thing that I noticed is when I pull the fuse out and put the test light leads on where the fuse plugs in the test light will not light. When I do this same test with the parking light fuse next to it the test light lights up (this was done with the lights in the on position) Could the light switch be bad?? I read somewhere on line that there have been issues inside the fuse box, could there be a issue there ??

Any help would be much appreciated as the truck just dont look right without the lamps on.

leadrofthepak

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
This is a common problem with the sport rams. The problem lies in the switch. If you are careful you can disassemble the switch (do not lose that tiny little copper disc!) and re-arch the wings on the copper disc so they maintain contact when you pull the switch out to activate the fog lights. Also, sometimes the peg that the copper disc sits on can be worn and not hold the disc in place. I think you can carefully melt that little peg with the disc in place to hold it on better if I remember right.
Of course you can always just buy a new switch too.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
joeyoliver45