Headlight/Fog Light Switch

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ktm1217

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.2L 318ci Magnum
So my headlight switch finally decided to **** the bed lol so I got a new one from advance today for about $50, but I got the one with the fog light switch in it also. My truck isnt factory for fog lights, but i have a set on it that i bought from advance. So im wondering about wiring them so that they come on with the pull of the fog light switch. I tried to put it in with the fuse under the hood labeled "Fog lights/DRL" which didnt work, they had constant power to them and were always on. MY next idea was to splice them in behind the headswitch in with the wiring harness, but how would i do it so that they work with the fog light switch? Which terminal would i use? Anybody have idears?

Crawdaddy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
My truck wasn't equipped with fog lights either. I just wired it up myself like they were off road lights.

MoparMagic'00

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.2 Magnum
I have a little help here... Our trucks shut the grounds off when the switch is turned off and provides voltage to both wires for the fogs... so if your lights are mounted in/on metal or touching the metal of the bumper it provides the ground needed... my truck was factory w/o fogs and I added them like you.. I spliced into the wires added fuse in the panel and swapped the switches boom i got fogs...