Help with Autostart/keyless install

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Choskins

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Sport 5.2L
Hi, I have a 2000 dodge ram 1500 sport. The vehicle came with an Audiovox Aps686t auto start/ keyless entry brain installed but no remotes. I ordered 2 remotes but they won't program. I also have a ready remote 24923 that i could install in place of the audiovox, but do not have the owners manual for the truck and cannot find it online. i figured if i could map out the audiovox's wiring and the ready remotes wiring i could just cut the audiovox and splice in the ready remote one wire at a time. however im not sure if it will work. any help appreciated.

MagSport

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
You would need wiring diagrams for both keyless boxes or a wiring diagram for the interior and map out what is connected to the box. Or email an audiovox support tech on why the remotes won't work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Choskins

Choskins

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Sport 5.2L
You would need wiring diagrams for both keyless boxes or a wiring diagram for the interior and map out what is connected to the box. Or email an audiovox support tech on why the remotes won't work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The problem with the wiring diagram for the interior is that I can't find the manual for my truck. I've tried to make a map out by color with each box side by side but am having trouble figuring out some of the wires.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

01rammer1500

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Do you happen to know which wire on the steering colum is for the brake shutoff? I'm having trouble finding it in the manual. I'm new to vehicles in general my ram is my first vehicle.

uploadfromtaptalk1453036135790.jpg

I just purchased a kit from avital. Its the same one i have on my car and works awesome. The company i bought it from sent me a wiring list and locations of the where the wires are located if you need any further help

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Choskins

Choskins

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Sport 5.2L
View attachment 64190

I just purchased a kit from avital. Its the same one i have on my car and works awesome. The company i bought it from sent me a wiring list and locations of the where the wires are located if you need any further help

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk
Thank you! Will be very glad to get this finished up