help me out guys

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

the codes

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Magnum 5.2
okay so I recently had an idea for a mod, and need to know if this part I need is even made..lol

is there any kind of solenoid or motorized lever that I can hook into my reverse light wiring or something that when I put the Truck in reverse it would move from position A to position B, and stay in that position B till I put the truck in drive or park, etc, and then it goes back to position A?

let me know of that doesn't make sense and I'll try to be more clear.

zack

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2004.5 packing the smarty
Engine
5.9 cummins ho
do what?

EJM05

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
440 Big Block
yea im still lost... re read it 6 times...

cwakefld

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
It sounds like he wants some sort of servo arm that moves to one position in reverse and returns to the original position when taken out of reverse. I think. But I'm not sure what the purpose is.

wermbang

Reaction score
Ram Year
2001 Off Road
Engine
5.9L V8 Sport
adding extra set of backup lights? back up beeper?

JET

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
1996/2011 Ram 1500 Sport
Engine
5.9 Magnum/Hemi 5.7
"I put the Truck in reverse it would move from position A to position B, and stay in that position B till I put the truck in drive or park, etc, and then it goes back to position A?"

Huh! Move what to what n back?:confused:

OP
OP
the codes

the codes

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Magnum 5.2
It sounds like he wants some sort of servo arm that moves to one position in reverse and returns to the original position when taken out of reverse. I think. But I'm not sure what the purpose is.

yes exactly!

OP
OP
the codes

the codes

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Magnum 5.2
adding extra set of backup lights? back up beeper?

ding ding, yes back up lights! I can't see a damn thing at night because of my tint but I like the way it looks with it so I'm just gonna add more lights. but I don't wanna put a nice expensive led light bar mounted and have some theif steal it, so I'd like to have it mounted in a hidden position, and when I flip into reserve it comes down to where the light would project behind me, when I get into drive it goes back to being hidden. make sense?

Stangshcky12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Cummins
So basically how the amp powerstep work
In not sure of anything the would really work like that. It could be done with an electric motor or servo but you would need some kind of controller which is where I would be stumped
Do you really think someone would steal a mounted light bar? you could always use tamper proof Torx screws. It could still be stolen but very theft deferent.
What about the led bars that go below the tailgate? They are fairly inexpensive anymore and mine added a ton of light when in reverse
I think your best bet would be to just add auxilary lights with a relay from the reverse lights

zack

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2004.5 packing the smarty
Engine
5.9 cummins ho
what are you bat man the led strip has screws with it along with 2face tape

ramhunter9

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
P-Star Jeep Wrangler
If you want reverse lights just get a set of lights and wire it to the reverse wires on your tails

OP
OP
the codes

the codes

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Magnum 5.2
So basically how the amp powerstep work
In not sure of anything the would really work like that. It could be done with an electric motor or servo but you would need some kind of controller which is where I would be stumped
Do you really think someone would steal a mounted light bar? you could always use tamper proof Torx screws. It could still be stolen but very theft deferent.
What about the led bars that go below the tailgate? They are fairly inexpensive anymore and mine added a ton of light when in reverse
I think your best bet would be to just add auxilary lights with a relay from the reverse lights

haha that's what I'll probley end up doing, I just thought if there was something like the amp research power step motor that it would be cool lol I was looking into it for more of a custom thing, to set my truck apart from others haha

DMart03

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.2 V-8
"Do you really think someone would steal a mounted light bar?"

Well he does live in H-town....