High beam indicator (blue lit) stays on

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
magnun 5.9
Hi guys , i recently had a headlight problem, the high beams were damaged on the bulb so i put on new bulbs And i now have both short And high lights but the blue indicator in the cluster stays always on. What should i look for to fix the problem? I also noticed the short lights are not too bright.

WilliamS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
sounds like a shorted wire somewhere or an odd load somehow happening on the circuit.

DodgeTx

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L Cummins, 5.2l v8
This may be the wrong bulb inserted or a cheaper brand. What type of bulb did you use? Sylvania?

dapepper9

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L V8
Did you put in a 9007 instead of 9004? Look at both headlights with em on. Now hit high beams. Any change or difference between the 2?

Pull the bulbs and look at the filaments. They vertical or horizontal?

OP
OP
R
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
magnun 5.9
All the problem started b cause the alternator went out, so, while in the shop i asked the mechanic to check the high beams because they weren't working. turns out the bulbs were damaged so he replaced them with a new set but, then, the blue indicator was always on.
i recall that i had a set of xenon type white light 100/80 bulbs on a shelf and i put them on and problem solved! i guess it was the wrong type of bulb issue ( 9004 instead of 9007 )
my only concern is that, having more watts on the new set will fry the socket