Horn relay not in PDC tray?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

robbmc

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Looking for the horn relay and reading the "relay layout label affixed to
the inside surface of the PDC cover" it does not mention horn relay on my 2001 Ram 3500. I've searched and searched but failed to find any other locations mentioned on this forum where it might be. Am I missing something or were there oddball years where it is not in the tray left of the battery? Chasing down no power to the horn and need to test the horn relay. Thanks in advance for any guidance.

Bigtman07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 5.9
The horn should be in the fuse and relay panel under the hood on the drivers side between the battery and the brake cylinder.

OP
OP
R

robbmc

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Thank you for your time but it is not, unless somebody has replaced my lid to that panel with a mislabelled one from a different van. I have read on this and other so many other sites that is in there so many times that I am convinced it must have been there at one time or perhaps in the next gen or something. I may have misposted this as all I see are pickups all around thei screen - this is 2001 Ram Van 3500. The horn relay must be one of ones on the fuse panel inside the drivers door. Can anyone confirm that ?

Bigtman07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 5.9
Not sure there are any ram vans on here. But I'm sure someone has had one at some point and would know where to look. If it's not under the hood I would look inside. Wish I could help more.

OP
OP
R

robbmc

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Totally my bad here - I posted this to the wrong forum. Please accept my apologies. Just trying to come up to speed quickly to help out my sons' band that just bought this van to tour in. Trying to determine if a no horn condition is relay or clockspring...

Bigtman07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 5.9
Very good. You can always have someone hit the horn and listen for the click.