HU-Feedback please

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

the codes

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Magnum 5.2
Well, first off, mods I know this is in the 4th gen section, figured it would get more hits here than the 2nd gen section.

I will be getting my income tax soon, and I really want to replace my radio that was stolen a few months ago. Driving with no radio has been absolutely horrendous. I wanted to go with a DD at first, but out of simplicity I think I am going to go with a normal sized HU, that has the retractable/motorized screen...

Features I am looking for

-USB cable and Iphone compatible
-bluetooth would be nice but if it adds to much $$ I can do without it.
-Pandora integration
-Back up camera compatible
-At least 1 RCA port for a sub system
-touchscreen

So please give me your recommendations! Price is obviously a factor and id like to keep this to around $200 if possible.

Really asking to see if anyone has any first hand experience with these type of units, because I am sure the touch screen systems can be finicky.

Thanks

ramin44s

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7 v8
For 200 I would think its going to be tough to get a quality one, I had a Jensen in my old 2nd gen and it had all features your looking for it was around 300 though not a bad unit but the pioneer and name brands are the best as far as quality is concerned

OP
OP
the codes

the codes

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Magnum 5.2
yeah thats what I had figured. How was the operating system on the jensen?

Etroze86

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Man if you are getting a single dinn to hold you over get a cheap Alpine or Pioneer. Then when you can afford to upgrade go all out. My experience with Jensen hasn't been great with subs amps and decks all dying within a few months when i was younger.

OP
OP
the codes

the codes

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Magnum 5.2
Man if you are getting a single dinn to hold you over get a cheap Alpine or Pioneer. Then when you can afford to upgrade go all out. My experience with Jensen hasn't been great with subs amps and decks all dying within a few months when i was younger.

well..when I say hold me over, Im saying like 2-3 years most likely...because I wont be able to afford a "really nice" HU till im out of school.

So thats why Im trying to go a little above a little single din, but not a full blown DD.

Etroze86

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Amazon.com: Pioneer avh P1400
I had one of these in a build and worked great. In price range and I would go Pioneer any day of the week over Jensen for quality and lasting as long as you want. Also the Pioneer DEH-80PRS is a hellva deck close to your price range.

OP
OP
the codes

the codes

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Magnum 5.2
thanks a lot for the recommendations, gonna look into those

ramin44s

Reaction score
Ram Year