Individual lighting switches

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Doc_USN_retired

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L Magnum
I am trying to find a way to wire the headlights and parking lamps onto a push button switch, fogs would be on a separate switch as well as any other lighting. my headlight switch does not work ( only the cargo light functions on the oem switch). would i need to go back to the fuse block in the engine bay to wire everything through relays to a switch? or can it be done at the oem plugs?

OP
OP
D

Doc_USN_retired

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L Magnum
Im retired. Have most of the supplies. Also, that's not a contribution to my post. As this is in DIY and i asked a related question,i am looking for an answer other than "oem switch".

Merc225hp

Reaction score
Ram Year
truck
Engine
gas
Ok I will try and help.

I would mount the relays on the inner drivers side fender, run new supply wires for relays and switches. Then tap into the factory lighting harness outside the truck. I would not use the factory fuse box at all, you will need to have inline fuses or whatever you like on the new harness.

OP
OP
D

Doc_USN_retired

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L Magnum
Thats what i thought. I have a separate fuse box laying around and 12g primary. I figure that should be good enough to not have any dimming issues.